Monday, August 25, 2014

A Little Halloween Spirit with Stampin' Up and Mojo Monday

My favorite season is coming! I love the cool crisp air of fall. The trees are changing colors and painting the forests and skies. This will be the second season that my dear boyfriend and I will be able to go apple picking together. I have two favorite places; Carter Hill Orchard and Gould Orchards. Apple orchard are a great place to visit for a whole day. It's even better when they make their own apple cider donuts or have pumpkins for carving.

Do you have a favorite orchard that you and your family visit every year??






To celebrate the coming season, I decided to create a card that showcased the wonders of the fall season and my favorite holiday...Halloween. This is the sketch I used as inspiration.




 I used my Copic markers to color this image from Stampin' Up's Halloween Smiles Set (now retired). To color the image

 I used the following color combinations:
Pumpkins-YR31, YR68, YR15
Crows, Tire and Wheel-barrow -C7, C5, C3
Leaves and Grass-G99, YG95
Stems and Ground- E37
Wheel-barrow handles- E31, E33













I then used my Inkssentials Opaque Pen in white to accent the images to highlight. 

 Each Layer to the card is inked with Walnut Stain from Ranger by Tim Holtz









The lace is also distressed with the stain.





Using two buttons in different shades of orange I accented the pendent with twine.
I have put a kit with materials to create this card on eBay. You can find my eBay store by clicking the navigation tab above. Thank you so much for stopping  by and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment