Sunday, July 6, 2014

Entry for Freshly Made Sketches #143

Good Evening Everyone!

It was a beautiful weekend here in New Hampshire...well except for Friday when it just rained, and rained, and rained. So to chase away the gloom I decided to work on my card creations.

Below is a picture of Freshly Made Sketches' Sketch for this week.

I decided to blend masculine and Steampunk themes to create this card.

I used stamps by Fisker and die cut the circles using my Cricut Expression 2.0. The card is 5x6.5". I've had the pattern paper and embellishment in my stash for the longest time.

Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches #142 Entry

 Good Evening Everyone!

It's been so long since my last post. I have been so busy with Steampunk events that I really have not had the time nor energy to work on my art. However, I was able to complete a card for the 142nd Freshly Made Sketches. With the 4th of July only a few days away and friends coming home from over seas, I decided to create a card with a patriotic theme.

Here is the original sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:

Here is my version of the sketch:

The paper has been in my stash since I started scrapbooking in 2001. I recently purchased the stamps from Close to My Heart at the CK Convention in May 2014.

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, April 4, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches #130

Good Morning Everyone!

Today is another beautiful spring day! The snow out back of my building is almost gone. (Insert happy dance) However, I'm really looking forward to summer and taking a trip up to York, Maine. So for my version of the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #130, I decided to use a more summery theme.

This card is A2 size (4.25x5.5"). The cardstock is from Core'dinations and the pattern paper is from DCWV. I colored the stamp image with Copic markers. The brad and ribbon are items that I've had in my stash. 

Here is the original sketch

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My 1st Saturated Canary Card

Good Evening Everyone!

It was a beautiful day here with temperatures over 50 degrees F. This is what we call summ-ah! I can't wait to enjoy the warmth of the sun and plant flowers that call to the butterflies. Speaking of butterflies the card below was created using a digital image from Saturated Canary called "Butterfly Princess."

I used my Copic markers to color this fine maiden.

The dress is colored using YR000, YR00, and YR15
The hair is colored using E18, E29, and E49
The skin is colored using E33 and E37
The lips are colored using R14, and R27
The eyes are colored using G17 and G29
The maiden is shadowed using W0
To add detail to the hair I used an Opaque pen in white from Inkssentials.

The flowers are from Petaloo Velvet Hydrangeas in Orange.
The paper is from Recollections by Michaels.
The cardstock is from Bazzill
The border is cut at 1.25 on the Cricut from the Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Entry for Freshly Made Sketches #128

Good Evening Everyone!

As you can see I've been a busy lady today--as this is my third post.

Here is my entry for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge for this week:

I used the Cricut Preserves cartridge to cut out the tag and the Cuttlebug Companion Embossing Folder for the Preserves cartridge. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up. Below is the original sketch from Freshly Made Sketches blog:

Thanks for stopping by.

Sunflowers Already....

Good Afternoon/Evening!

Ok, ok, so I skipped ahead to late Summer with this card. I was inspired by the stamp and some of the new paper I purchased from Michael's. I personally love warm neutrals.

Here is a picture of the finished card. I wanted it to be simple in design due to the amount of color and work in the stamped image.

The stamp is from Stampabilities and is part of the House Mouse Collection. This stamp is called "The Thinker." I used Copic markers to color the image. The skin of Amanda (the mouse) is made up of E000, E00, E02, and R11. Amanda's hair is E31, E33 and E37. The stem of the sunflower is YG23 and YG17. The Sunflower is Y08, Y15, Y26, Y28, and YR23. The center of the sunflower is E25 and N3. The flower pot is E11, E15 and E18.

Thanks for stopping by.

1st Easter Card of the Season

Good Morning Everyone!

The sun is shining here in New Hampshire USA. However, the weatherman says another storm is on it's way this coming Tuesday. As much as I love snow....I'm tired of the ice. Plus, it's Spring. So to help bring on the feeling of spring I created this card for Easter/Spring.

The bunny was cut using one of the preloaded Cricut Alphabet Cartridge on my Cricut Expression 2 at 3.75". The mat behind the bunny was cut using the preloaded Cricut Essentials at 4". The bunny is adhered with foam dots.

Thanks for stopping by.