Last night my boyfriend and I snuggled up to watch "A Christmas Carol" with Jim Carey. Wow, there were some parts of the movie that were not very kid friendly for a Disney movie. I was looking all over the box for Tim Burton's name, but I guess he didn't work on this film. I love who Jim is able to project and change his voice. His voice just carries the emotion and energy of the Scrooge character so well. It was very good and followed the original work by Charles Dickens very well.
On another note...
Today kicks off my 12 Days of Christmas Blog challenge. Guess what? I'm even starting on time! Today's challenge is a Joy-Fold Card.
Here is a picture
The card measures 4"x5.5"
- Core'dinations Vintage Cardstock in Kisses and Clover Patch
- SEI Holiday Traditions Dreams of Wonder Cardstock
- (3) square metallic green brads
- Smooth white paper from the Paper Loft
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink pad
- Outlines small and medium snowflake
- boner folder
- paper trimmer
- Cut a piece of the Clover Patch to 4x8.25" score and fold at 2.75"
- Cut a piece of the Clover Patch to 2.25x7.5" score and fold at 3.75"
- Cut 2 pieces of the Clover patch to 3x3" and adhere back to back
- Cut a piece of the Clover patch to 1.75x1.75
- Cut a piece of Kisses at 2.75x2.75" and one at 1.5x1.5
- Cut a piece of smooth white to 3.5x2"
- Cute a piece of pattern paper to 3.75x5.25", and (2) pieces 3.75x2.5"
- Stamp images on smooth white and trim around the edges
- Adhere images to coordinating sized cardstock
- Punch holes and secure brads in lower right hand corner of larger panel of pattern paper. Adhere panel to inside of larger green cardstock
- Adhere one of the smaller panels of pattern paper to the flap of card base. Reverse pattern for inside of flap.
- Adhere folded strip of green cardstock so that the flap of the card base is sandwiched between. Center the strip on card base before pressing into place
- Adhere smooth white strip to the front of the strip flap then adhere medium snowflake layers to the strip flap
- Adhere small snowflake to inside of the card
Create a Joy Fold card using snowflakes. The snowflakes can be part of the paper, stamped, or both. Be creative and link your card through the comments (meaning put you blog/flicker/etc. address in the comment) Deadline is December 31st 2012.