I'm so excited this coming weekend is the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Manchester NH. I have been attending the convention since 2004/2005. However, this will be the first year that my mom will be attending with me! It will be her first CK Convention.
I am getting ready for the convention by weeding out things I'm not using. Which makes space for things I want and new ideas/trends. As I was doing this I realized that for people going to the conventions for the first time, it can be over whelming. So below is a list of tips on going to conventions.
- Directions-Know where you are going and how to get there.
- Parking-Conventions are usually in places with parking garages, but not always. Be prepared to pay a fee for parking and possible walk a distance to the event.
- Register-if it's available register online for the event. This often is at a lower cost than at the door.
- Hands free-The less you carry the better. Bring a reusable cloth shopping bag if you are planning to do some shopping. This way multiple purchases can go in the one bag.
- Dress comfortable-It's not Prom and it's not work. Dress comfortable and be prepared to not only walk but stand for a length of time. Keep the heels at home.
- Clean-Clean out supplies your not using or don't want. Donate them to local schools or sell them at flee markets/yard sales
- Classes-Conventions often offer classes through different vendors
- Coupons-Events like the CK Convention have coupons available both online and at the door. Registering for the e-mails ensures you get the coupons. Saving money on things you love is good.
- Budget-Set a limit to what your going to spend.
- Plan-Look at the list of vendors and make a list of things you would like to purchase. Know where they are.
- Have fun!-That's the whole point in the end even if you really wanted those new Distress Markers and didn't get them. Conventions are a great place to meet new people, hang out with old friends and learn new things.
If you e-mail me I can forward you the insider coupons from CK